Day 1 Early morning departure for the journey to Dover and the crossing to Calais. Continuing on through France to the Dijon area for an overnight stay.
Day 2 Continue your journey on into Spain and to Roses for a six night stay.
Days 3 to 7
● Morning at leisure in Roses, before joining the Roses Little Town Train for a trip into the Cap de Creus Nature Park. It contains a collection of beauty spots that will leave a lasting imprint on your memory.
● A day in France with a guide. We travel to Thuir where we have included wine tasting, then time for lunch before boarding the Little Yellow Train from Villefranche de Conflent, the most spectacular part of the route is from Villefranche as far as the small town of Odeillo. The train winds up between forests and gushing streams treating you to spectacular views of the rocky mountainous scenery, including villages, historic fortresses and a precariously perched old hermitage dwellings. Arriving at Mont Louis you will re-join the coach for the return journey back to Roses.
● Today your guide will travel with you to Rivesaltes, you will join the Red Train for scenic journey on this hundred year old railway to Axat. Free time to look around and have some lunch before boarding the coach to return to hotel. A stop will be made at La Jonquera for some shopping.
● An excursion into the mountains to Ribes de Freser where you will take a ride on the rack railway, and experience a whole world of sensations from the start. The breath-taking beauty of the landscape travelled is unmissable and the only way to access Núria’s Valley. You will travel a distance of 12.5 km over an incline of more than 1,000 metres. There will be time for refreshments before the return journey by train back to Ribes and coach back to the hotel.
● A free day to relax and enjoy Roses.
Day 8 Today depart Roses for your journey back to the Dijon area for your overnight stay.
Day 9 Breakfast, then commence the homeward journey.
Located on the beach and just 300 metres from the centre of Roses. Surrounded by landscaped areas and it maintains a colonial style. All bedrooms are en-suite with TV, telephone and hairdryer. Lift, bar lounge area, restaurant and outdoor pool.
Overnight Hotel/s: All rooms are en-suite with TV.
Single room supplement £147
Holiday insurance £27
(70 years and over £44.50)